Yay for soft gluten free peanut butter cookies!
There is something about a big, soft peanut butter cookie. Something good, of course. Finding a good soft gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe can be difficult. Many of the ones I’ve tried have been dry and crumbly. But not this one!
Superman loves peanut butter cookies. As a matter of fact, I’d go as far as to say they are one of his favorites. That criss-cross pattern makes his heart go a-flutter. And anything I can do to make his heart go a-flutter, I’m for!
This soft gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe is pretty straightforward. If you want them to be soft, stick with the 8-9 minute cook time. If you’re more of a crispy-type person, tack on an extra minute or two to the cooking time. Superman prefers crispy cookies, I prefer soft cookies. He likes crispy french fries, I like soft. This is why we are a perfect match for each other. =)
Make sure when you whip this recipe together, that you’re using organic, unsweetened peanut butter. None of that Skippy stuff! Did you know that conventional peanut butters have on average eight pesticides, with four possible carcinogens and one known carcinogen? Even though organic peanut butter (that just has peanuts + salt) separates and has oil on top, I always just dump out the contents, stir it up with my immersion blender and then throw it back in the jar. Easy peasy!
When you make this recipe, be ready for little hands (or big ones) to snag them up quickly, because they are that good. And I’m sure their tummies will thank you later! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did! It’s a definite keeper for sure!
Soft Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 minutes|
- 1 1/4 cups organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic palm shortening
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 GF flour blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together the peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, almond milk and vanilla, then beat in the egg.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Roll into about 1" balls, flatten slightly with fork and make a criss-cross pattern, if desired.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, then let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack. (Don't over bake!)
Leave a Reply