The possibilities with these Salted Chocolate Caramelized Bananas are endless–you could of course add in some almond butter, or sprinkle with cinnamon. Like tart? Dip in lemon juice before caramelizing. But the way these are right now are perfect!
Pin it for later!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
Makes about 16 pieces
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Slice the bananas into bite-size pieces.
- Place into hot oil and fry for about 1 minute, then gently flip over and brown other side. Remove to cool for a minute onto a paper towel:
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Use a cake pop stick or decorative toothpick to dip the banana into the chocolate. You can cover it all the way in chocolate, or part way like I did.
- Be careful--the banana can slide off the stick, just maneuver it around carefully.
- Place onto a plate covered with parchment paper and place in freezer to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt, if desired.
- Serve frozen.
Share this Recipe
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
I made these, but found it easier not to bother with the sticks.
Rachel (teacher-chef) says
The addition of caramelizing the banana with the chocolate just takes the most simple of things to the total next level!!
Carrie Pacini says
They look adorable. What a fun way to serve them.