Is there really any better way to celebrate fall then to combine pumpkin + caramel? I’m pretty sure there isn’t. These Paleo Pumpkin Caramels could be made into pretty much any shape you want, but I love these little pumpkin-shaped molds!
This isn’t a difficult recipe at all, but it does require a little bit of time. The whole kit-n-kaboodle takes about a 1/2 hour to cook and then needs to cool in the fridge for at least an hour. They are smooth and richly flavored with a pumpkin undertone.
Make everyone in your family happy and run to the kitchen to make these now!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
About 15 caramels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until the caramel is thick and starting to turn into a soft, thick glue-like consistency, stirring occasionally.
- This will take between 20-30 minutes. Note: I am not using a candy thermometer for this, as it seems every thermometer really reads different. It's more important to pay attention to the consistency of the caramel than the temperature.
- Pour into glass pan with parchment paper covering the bottom or candy molds.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, until hardened.
- Enjoy these chewy treats!
For best results, store in refrigerator.
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Danielle Moore says
Do you think coconut butter would work instead of butter? My son is gf, sf, df, cf, and yf.
Life Made Full says
Hi, Danielle! I’m not sure about coconut butter, but possibly coconut oil? Can he do ghee?