Pin it for later!
- 2 cups of Butternut Squash
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/2 head of garlic
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Poke the butternut squash with a fork and place in the oven
- Cut the tip off the garlic head.
- Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil and place in the oven.
- Cook for one hour.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Squeeze the garlic out of the skin.
- Place the butternut squash and the garlic in the blender.
- Add the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and the salt and spices.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with cut up vegetables and steamed artichokes.
- You could also serve this with these grain free crackers.
Susanne Runion is a Holistic Healer and Blogger. Her blog is www.mindbodyoasis.com which focuses on all aspects of nutrition, holistic living and wellness, and is filled with practical, real-world ideas to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, eat real food, and save time and money. Susanne offers a free anti-stress guided imagery waterfall download when you sign up for her newsletter here. It’s like going on a ten minute relaxing vacation, and will get rid of all of your stress, and it’s free.
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Very good recipe I added a few sun dried tomato’s! I always make my own hummus and been dieting and found this bean free recipe and decided to give it a go..wish I had a artichoke now.
Item. 9 of the Instructions says to add Olive Oil but no Olive Oil is mentioned in the ingredients…? How much Olive Oil should be used here?
Shanti Landon says
Hi, Karen! Thank you for pointing that out! The recipe has been updated. =)