The other day it was lunch time and I didn’t know what to make the kids. I had a package of chicken tenderloins in the fridge, and I thought it would be fun to come up with something new I could share on the blog, like an appetizer.
I ended up flattening the tenderloins with a meat tenderizer and filling them with quickly sautéed carrots and avocado, then pan frying them with honey and balsamic vinegar. They were so good and honestly, quick to throw together!
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar + 4 tsp honey combined
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2-3 TBSP avocado oil or olive oil
- Using a meat tenderizer, flatten the meat a bit and sprinkle with salt and pepper:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and 1/2 the balsamic/honey mixture to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, until beginning to become tender.
- Fill each tenderloin with a spoonful of the cooked carrots and a slice of avocado:
- Roll up and place a toothpick horizontally through the chicken to hold it together:
- Drizzle with remaining balsamic/honey mixture and cook in skillet (add a bit more oil if necessary) over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes per side:
- Remove and serve promptly!
Share this Recipe
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Kelly @ The Nourishing Home says
Hi, Shanti! I love how you use what you have on hand. These chicken roll-ups look simply delightful and so I’ve added a link to this recipe in next week’s meal plan that went in the mail to subscribers today. I hope it sends lots of new friends your way! I can’t wait to make this recipe! Blessings to you, sweet friend!
Shanti Landon says
You are so sweet! Thank you, Kelly!
Can these be stored in the fridge and reheated? Or would the taste suffer because of the avocado. Since avocado tends to darken and lose quickly. Thanks! 🙂
Shanti Landon says
Hmm. I’m not sure! I’ve never cooked avocado and then cooled it…you could try it with one roll to see if it works? So sorry I’m not more help!