These gluten free soft ginger molasses cookies are going to knock your socks off!
It’s been a long time since I put a new recipe up on my blog! However, we had a lazy Saturday last weekend, and I had time to play in the kitchen. It was wonderful!
Superman told me he wanted something sweet, and I was in the mood for cookies. Initially, I was going to make my tried-and-true favorite chocolate chip cookies, but was feeling a little spritely and experimental, and gluten free soft ginger molasses cookies sounded yummy (who wants crunchy cookies?? Not me!)
I honestly couldn’t believe how awesome these turned out! I’ve experimented with ginger cookies before, but they were dry the first time I made them, and not quite the flavor I was looking for the last time. I finally ended up on my “Goldilocks” cookie with these!
Gluten Free Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup butter I love Kerry Gold!
- 1 cup organic white sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Organic Sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger *For an added "zing," add in 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger!
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 GF flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I lined two sheets so that as soon as one batch was done, the other could immediately go in the oven)
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat all the remaining ingredients *except flour* and combine well.
- Slowly stir in flour.
- Scoop dough into LARGE rounded tablespoons, then roll in sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and gently press down a bit.
- Bake in oven for 9-11 minutes, depending on how soft you want them. I settled on 10 minutes for perfectly soft cookies!
- Cool for 4-5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply