Gluten free chocolate lava cake
Chocolate lava cake is pretty amazing. If you haven’t had it before, you are seriously missing out. It’s rich, velvety, melts in your mouth and makes your taste buds dance. Ok, I’m not sure about that last part, but it sure feels like it!
This gluten free Chocolate Lava Cake is also grain-free and made with tapioca flour. You could sub the tapioca flour for arrowroot as well, if that’s what you have on hand. There’s not much flour in this recipe (only 2 TBSP!), so either way is completely fine.
This recipe is incredibly simple and is a fun, romantic dessert for you and your sweetie. Or, you could double or triple the recipe and make it for the whole fam bam! Either way, you’re going to make someone really happy. =)
As you can see, the cake holds up from the outside, but once you slice in, you’re left with an ooey gooey flow of chocolatey lava seeping out. It’s divine.
So what’re you waiting for?? Go whip up some lava cakes!
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips I get these at the grocery store for about $4
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP tapioca flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Grease two ramekins with butter or coconut oil and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs.
- Beat in tapioca flour and salt.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate chips and stir in gently.
- Pour evenly into two ramekins and bake for 10-11 minutes, until just the tops are set, and edges are slightly pulling away from sides. **Careful not to overcook, or you'll lose the lava!**
- Remove and let sit for about five minutes.
- Turn over onto serving plate, and gently tap the bottom of the ramekin to get the cake to release.
- Eat promptly.
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Ms Michelle Grant says
Hi. For the Chocolate what size ramekin did you use?
Shanti Landon says
Hi, Michelle! I used a 6 oz ramekin. =)
Wow! Just made this yesterday, and it was amazing! Moist, not too sweet, and easy to make, and all about the chocolate – it hit the spot! Thanks Shanti!
Girlfriend! Kudos on this sweet delight of a cake! I made this for a party of six and I believe it will be a perfect good go to gluten-free dessert. So easy and yet impressive for guest or just by yourself. I have to say we served a little partially baked chocolate molten cake at a high-end restaurant I worked in and I can hardly taste the difference between the two. I seriously would crave this cake when I worked there and now I’m so proud to say that I have this one. And grain-free to boot! Thanks Shanti!