I love Indian food. It’s one of my favorite go-to meals when I’m lacking inspiration. A lot of that has to do with the fact that my dad was from India and so I grew up with authentic Indian cuisine almost every night. I really didn’t appreciate it growing up, but now I definitely have a taste for it. Introducing Garam Masala Chicken straight from the heart of India.
The other day, I had some chicken breasts and less than 30 minutes to throw dinner together. I came up with this recipe, and every single one of my kids had seconds, a couple even thirds! That’s when I know it’s definitely a blog-worthy recipe!
Garam Masala Chicken Recipe:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1.5-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 TBSP garam masala
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup coconut cream (you can use coconut milk if you don't have coconut cream on hand, it just won't be quite as thick)
- 2-3 TBSP oil for skillet
- In a large Ziploc bag, add everything except the crushed tomatoes and coconut cream (and oil for skillet).
- Toss to coat and let sit for about 10 minutes while you heat the 2-3 TBSP oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and coconut cream and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice!
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Sarah Altwater says
Great article! I recently received RawSpiceBar’s indian spices- garam masala and tandoori spices for making chicken tikka masala and it was pretty spot on. It’s tough to find freshly ground kashmiri chiles and other high quality hard to find spices. Look forward to receiving next month’s spice blends from them and worth looking into if you’re an adventurous cook.
Amazing flavors without any garlic or onion in this recipe! I cannot have garlic or onions so I really appreciated this recipe! Thank you!
Shanti Landon says
So glad you liked it, Luke!