It’s football season!
No, not FOOSball. Although, that would be kinda fun…
Even though I’ve never gotten into football much, the football season symbolizes the beginning of my favorite time of year: fall! Crisp nights, cooler days, the smell of baking…and ice cream???
Why yes, ice cream! Here in northern California, it’s still over 100 degrees! Ick. And it seems that we still have quite some time still left of warm weather. So, we may just have to do ice cream for dinner one night. Sounds reasonable, right??
I’m joining forces with Silk to take the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge! Since we eat Paleo about 75% of the time, we consume a lot of meat protein. This fall, I’ve incorporated fish into our menu at least one night per week. And now, I’m inspired to take animal protein out of our regular Monday night menu! I’m replacing animal protein with vegetarian dishes that hopefully everyone in our family will love.
And since it’s football season, I wanted to come up with a treat that would be fun to share with friends at a football hang-out.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Balls are the perfect addition to any football party! They’re made with creamy cashew milk and can actually sit out for 5-10 minutes before serving so they soften. My kids loved them!
- 4 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- dash salt
- splash pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted dairy-free chocolate chips + 1 TBSP unsweetened peanut butter stirred together for drizzle
- Combine all ingredients (except drizzle ingredients) in a blender and blend until well-combined.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follower manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, place a baking sheet in freezer to get cold.
- When done, scoop individual scoops onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and freeze.
- If desired, before serving, drizzle with melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- Let sit for about five minutes to soften a bit, then serve!
Looking for more #MeatlessMondayNight recipes and a chance to win a fun giveaway? Check out Silk’s website!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Leave a Reply