I have a lot of dessert recipes on my site, but these Blueberry Cashew Bars are one of our favorites! You could mix this recipe up by changing the type of berry you use. Prefer raspberries or strawberries? Go for it! Just follow the recipe and replace the blueberries with the berry of your choice!
These are really simple and I love that they are a cool summer treat. Once you’ve finished cooking the berries, just blend together the remaining ingredients. Then spread them in a pan, and top them with the berry mixture. Pop ’em in the fridge for an hour or two, and you’re left with a deliciously cool treat!
Note: Make sure you store these in the fridge, they don’t do well at room temperature. =)
Just a warning: These Blueberry Cashew Bars are SO good!
Recipe: Blueberry Cashew Bars
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 cups cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp tapioca flour or arrowroot
- Heat blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat (or in an Instant Pot), mashing with potato masher as it heats.
- While that's cooking, in a food processor blend together the cashews, coconut oil and maple syrup or honey.
- Stir tapioca flour or arrowroot into blueberries and cook for another few minutes, or until beginning to thicken.
- Spread cashew mixture into a 11x7 pan (you could use a 9x9 pan, but your "crust" will be thicker) and pour blueberry mixture on top.
- Place in fridge and chill for at least an hour, then cut into bars and enjoy! Store in fridge.
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
[…] Blueberry Cashew Bars from Life Made Full […]