I love carne asada, but whenever I think of cooking it, I don’t have time for marinating! I came up with this recipe to save time, and it is SOOOO good!
No-Marinade Carne Asada
Author: Life Made Full
- ~2 lbs carne asada meat (mine was sliced thin at the butcher)
- ¼ cup lemon juice or lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 2-3 TBSP olive or avocado oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lay meat in a single layer on a cutting board.
- Baste with lemon or lime juice and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Cook in skillet for a minute or 2 on each side, then remove to plate to sit while you cook the rest of the meat.
- Sprinkle some of the chopped cilantro on top of the cooked meat, then lay a piece of foil over the top to keep warm while you cook the rest.
- When all the meat is done, slice into thin strips or cut into small chunks and serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or as "tacos" in lettuce wraps!