Instead of eating at an expensive, fancy, crazy busy restaurant for Valentine’s Day, keep it intimate and dine in! First thing to know: DON’T BE INTIMIDATED BY THIS RECIPE! Don’t have lobster? Use shrimp or fish! Don’t have filet mignon? Use any steak! However, my local grocery store had lobster tails on sale for $3.98 and the filet mignon steaks were 2 for $9.99, so that’s pretty reasonable. Here are some tips for making this a meal to remember:
– Relax and know that it’s the seasonings that will give this meal all the flavors you need to show off your skills.
– Make a loose fist. Feel the flesh between your thumb and forefinger. When your steak feels like that you’ll have a medium-rare steak.
– If you ever feel like you’ve overcooked your seafood, the seasoning will cover up a multitude of culinary mistakes.
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 tsp Save the Day Italian Seasoning
- 2 TBSP butter or ghee
- 2 steaks
- 1 tsp Save the Day Alvi's Incredible Seasoning
- 1 1/2 c steamed broccoli
- 3/4 tsp Alvi's Incredible seasoning
- 2 tsp butter or ghee
- Set oven to broil. Prepare lobster tails by using kitchen shears to cut straight down the middle of the back of the lobster. Pull meat out (mostly) and rest on top of the shell (see picture). Place on a metal sheet.
- In a sauté pan (preferably stainless steel), heat 1 tsp oil on medium-high heat. Season and start cooking steaks. Put the lobster in the oven on middle rack.
- Cook the steak for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. While the rest is cooking, steam the broccoli and add 3/4 tsp Alvi's Incredible and 2 tsp butter or ghee. Lobster will be done when meat becomes white and firm but not rubbery. Melt 2 Tbs butter or ghee and mix in 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Brush on lobster. Plate your food and whomever you're cooking for will melt in your arms!
Adrian Alvi is a chef, baker, cake decorator, and founder of Save the Day Complete Meal Seasonings. A father of four from Meridian, Idaho, Adrian’s mission is to educate, inspire, and bring Freedom in the Kitchen to people everywhere. You can connect with him on Facebook!
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Leave a Reply