Paleo corned beef and potatoes!
It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day, which means that it’s almost time for corned beef & cabbage! Now, I’m not a huge fan of what cabbage does to Superman’s digestive system, so in order to avoid the repercussions, I replaced the cabbage with potatoes. ?
This Paleo corned beef is so full of flavor. I ended up cooking this meal for about five hours the day before we were going to eat it. The next day, I just reheated on the oven on low, and it was probably the best corned beef I’ve had!
Paleo corned beef and potatoes
- 1 4-5 lb corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 5 large carrots sliced
- 4 stalks celery sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 lbs russet potatoes quartered
- 32 oz organic beef broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP avocado or olive oil
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat, then add carrots, celery and onion and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add russet potatoes in a layer over veggies and then set brisket on top.
- Pour beef broth over veggies & potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle with seasoning packet, cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Slice meat when ready to serve and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply