Ah, pizza. Probably my favorite food of all time. I could subsist on pizza for the remainder of my life, as long as it was piping-hot, fresh, and available. I have a great grain-free pizza crust recipe on my site, but I understand that not everyone eats a completely grain-free diet. So, I decided to work on creating a gluten-free pizza crust recipe for those peeps.
Now, mind you–this is not puffy and airy like traditional pizza crust. However, it’s a great alternative for those who just can’t eat gluten. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 GF flour blend
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free cornstarch-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a bit of almond flour on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the olive oil and water.
- Get a little bit of almond flour in your hands, remove the dough from the bowl, and begin spreading the dough over the baking sheet, using your hands.
- Continue to spread it out evenly, using a bit of almond flour to keep from sticking, if needed.
- Bake in oven for about 10-12 minutes, remove from oven, and top with desired sauce and toppings (I got a pre-made pizza sauce from Whole Foods that was delicious and had no junk ingredients added).
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbling (if you’re using cheese) and toppings are crisping (I even broiled it for a few minutes to crisp up the cheese).
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
You could add some herbs into the crust if desired. I made mine plain, but it would be awesome with some herbs as well! Also, I used raw cheese and uncured pepperoni on top. My little guy who is dairy-sensitive does fine with raw dairy, so I use it when I can! I get some awesome raw sharp cheddar from Whole Foods. Their cheese department is incredible!
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
[…] World’s Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust from Life Made Full […]