Is there anything more Christmasy than peppermint? Well, maybe, but it’s definitely up there. I was craving some cookies the other day, but wanted them to be Christmasy. I decided to use my shortbread cookie as a base for these gluten free peppermint shortbread cookies.
Um. Superman ate four. Four! That may not seem like a lot to you, but Superman does not have a sweet tooth.
These would be awesome for a Christmas party, just a fun recipe to make with your kids, or a yummy treat for a cold winter night.
Seriously, go make these now!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup butter Softened
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Flour Blend I got this at Costco for much cheaper
- Optional chocolate dip:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla and peppermint extract. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add flour into mixture.
- Roll batter into 1" balls and place on a cookie sheet with 2" between them. (Dough will be soft)
- Gently flatten a bit, then bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown slightly.
- Let cool completely before removing from baking sheet, or cookies may crumble!
- While those are cooling, melt chocolate chips and 1 tsp peppermint extract in a double boiler or the microwave on low heat.
- Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate and lay on a parchment paper to cool completely.
- Note: These taste awesome chilled, but don't have to be chilled. =)
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
[…] Gluten-Free Peppermint Shortbread Cookies – Life Made Full […]