This gluten free enchilada sauce will make your day.
Mexican food is my favorite. Back before we changed our diet and I cut out wheat almost completely from my diet, the chimichanga was my weakness. Enchiladas, however, were a close second. Some Mexican restaurants we frequented would use flour tortillas in their recipes. Many would use wheat flour in their enchilada sauce to thicken it. So, I stopped eating them for awhile. And they were completely out of the question for Superman.
I decided to come up with these enchiladas with gluten free enchilada sauce because, well, I miss enchiladas! You could use this to make wet burritos, enchiladas, casseroles, or anything else you like with enchilada sauce.
The recipe is simple: you basically throw everything together, cook for about 10 minutes, and you’re done!
For my enchilada recipe, I took organic corn tortillas, filled them with cheese and refried beans, rolled them up, then smothered them in the gluten free enchilada sauce. Of course, I had to top them with more cheese. 😛 I covered them with foil, then baked in the oven for about 30 minutes, until the cheese was melted and the sauce was bubbly!
Gluten Free Enchilada Sauce
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 TBSP tapioca flour
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in tapioca flour and chili powder.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until lightly brown, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, and onion salt into the tapioca flour and chili powder until smooth, and continue cooking over medium heat approximately 10 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- Serve over your favorite enchilada recipe! I just took organic corn tortillas, filled them with cheese, rolled 'em up and topped with sauce, then baked for about 30 minutes until heated through!
Leave a Reply