I love me a good frittata and I don’t think I’ve ever had one I loved as much as this one. I decided to make the bottom a bacon “crust,” and it was amazing! You could add more bacon for a thicker crust if desired. Without further adieu, here’s my Bacon-Crusted frittata!
Bacon Frittata Recipe Below:
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 8 eggs
- 3 sweet mini peppers or 1 red/orange bell peppers
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2-3/4 cup cheese optional
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chopped bacon and peppers to pan, and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in garlic, then continue to cook until bacon is browned.
- While the bacon is cooking, whisk together eggs, 1/2 of the cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat in skillet to low, flatten the cooked bacon and peppers on the bottom of the pan, and then pour in eggs.
- Note: DO NOT STIR!
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and red pepper flakes, and let cook for a few minutes on stove until beginning to set.
- Place in oven and cook another 10-15 minutes, until completely set.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Share this Recipe
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Matt Robinson says
I could honestly live on this every day of the week. Amazing frittata!!