I had Chimichurri once when we ate at a Peruvian restaurant, and it was seriously the best sauce I’ve ever had. Cod is one of my favorite types of fish, since it’s so mild and can take on the flavor of many things, depending on how you cook it. I decided to combine these two flavors together to make this amazing Chimichurri Cod! You can marinate overnight if you have extra time, or just for 15 minutes if you’re pressed for time!
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 a medium onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 3-4 cod filets
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients except cod.
- Blend until mostly smooth, with a bit of texture still intact.
- Add cod filets to a large glass bowl or Ziploc bag and pour Chimichurri sauce over it, then toss gently to coat.
- Let sit for 15 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for about 7 minutes, then flip the broiler on for about 3 minutes.
- Serve promptly.
Share this Recipe
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
[…] Paleo Chimichurri Cod via Life Made Full (Freezer Meal Recipe Version) […]