I was so excited when this cookbook came in the mail! Who doesn’t want a simpler life in the kitchen? The whole premise behind One Pot Paleo is that we often have to use multiple pots and pans when putting together a meal, and there is an easier way! I am all about making my life easier, and if it means less dishes too, all the better!
Today I’m going to share with you an amazing recipe from One Pot Paleo – Chicken Pesto Zucchini!
Do you want to win a copy of One Pot Paleo? Check out my Instagram post for your chance to win!
Zucchini has become a popular vegetable to turn into noodles thanks to tools such as the spiralizer and julienne peeler. It may look like a lot before cooking, due to its high water content, but it shrinks in half so don’t skimp on the zucchini. Dress it up with sun-dried tomato pesto so fresh and aromatic you’ll want to eat it on its own.
- Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 6 oz basil leaves
- ¼ cup raw pine nuts toasted
- 3 TBSP sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lb zucchini spiralized
- 1 TBSP ghee
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into bite-sized pieces
- sea salt
- black pepper
- ¼ cup Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Prepare the pesto by combining the basil leaves, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, black pepper and sea salt in a food processor, and pulse for 15 seconds. Scrape the sides and pulse again for 30 more seconds while slowly drizzling the extra virgin olive oil. Set aside ¼ cup (60 g) and store the rest in a glass container in the fridge.
- In a wok over medium heat, add the zucchini and sauté for 2 minutes until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside. Drain the excess liquid from the pan and add ghee.
- Generously season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Return the zucchini to the pan and turn off the heat. Add the pesto and mix well to coat
- the chicken and zucchini with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
[…] Chicken Pesto Zucchini from Life Made Full […]