Who doesn’t love a good kabob? These Asparagus-Stuffed Beef Kabobs are a great summer meal–either out on the grill or in the oven. Whichever way is easier for you! The crunch of asparagus in the center makes these kabobs unique and extra yummy!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1.5 TBSP cumin
- 2 tsp salt plus about 3 TBSP separated
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 TBSP chopped cilantro
- 1 small Jalapeño pepper optional–use only if you like spice
- 8-10 asparagus spears rough ends cut off
- olive oil to drizzle
- 16-20 wooden or metal skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a broiler pan with foil.
- Cut the asparagus spears in half and put each half on a skewer.
- Add 3 TBSP (or so) of salt to a very large bowl and add hot water.
- Set the skewered asparagus into the hot salted water to soak while you prep the rest of the meal.
- In another large bowl, combine the meat, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, cilantro and Jalapeño, if desired.
- Remove asparagus from water and set onto paper towels to drain. Take a handful of meat and roll it into a “kabob” form:
- Press the asparagus into the meat and form the meat around the asparagus.
- Lay on the broiler pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping half way through, and let cool for about 5 minutes before eating.
Share this Recipe
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
Heather @ Cook It Up Paleo says
Wow those look awesome! I love asparagus!