It’s been a few weeks since my last “Confession Friday,” so my first confession is that I’ve been completely swamped and forgot to do it the last 2 Fridays. Whoops!
- I have a pet peeve. Well, I have a couple of them, but one of my main pet peeves is bike riders on country roads. I say this while cringing…mostly because I have friends who are bikers (sorry, friends!). But there are few things in this world that really, truly irritate me. And this is one of them. In the country, there are no bike lanes. So if someone is riding a bike in the road, it’s going to be in the road. And when I have to go 10 miles an hour in a 55 mph zone, it irks me. I know, I should embrace the slowness. But I don’t. I know bike riders come out to our area because it’s so beautiful, and if I were a bike rider, I’d probably want to be out here, too. But I wish there was a way around having to maneuver around them on double-yellow line roads where I can’t pass them for fear of getting a ticket for crossing the double line (I once got pulled over for *barely* crossing over the yellow line, and thank goodness the officer was nice enough to give me a warning, but I wanted to yell, “it was the biker’s fault!”). So, there you have it. Bike riders irritate me. Just when they’re on my road, though.
- Speaking of things that irritate me, my dog, Babe, is not one of them. It seems that everything she does is cute to me. I think she’s like the baby in a family…she gets away with things that I would never let my other children get away with because…well, she’s just so darn cute! Oh, she knocked over the trash can again? But look! Her sweet guilty face makes up for it. She had gas again? Awww…she’s such an angel. Have you ever seen the movie “Funny Farm?” If you have, you may remember “Yellow Dog,” who literally laid around all day, didn’t make a peep and never got hyper. That’s pretty much how Babe is. She’s 10 years old, and every time I come home and she comes sauntering up to me, my heart is just filled with a little bit of joy. I know, pretty ridiculous. But, I can’t help it.
- I have major spring fever. I am so ready for school to be done, it’s not even funny. I think this may have been a confession in my last post, actually. Well, it hasn’t gotten better. I’m pretty much still scraping myself off the floor each morning, sitting like a zombie while each of the kids does their reading to me and plowing through math. One big reason for my lack of focus is that Superman and I (and our oldest son, Caleb) are going to Israel in June. I am getting so excited for the trip, I just want to fast-forward time a bit so it can be time to go! I know, I know…enjoy each moment, because they’ll be gone before I know it. I’ll try to remember that…tomorrow.
- I’d like a personal chef. Probably sounds weird considering I have a food blog, but there are many times when I’d like to just know that someone is at home preparing our dinner for us. I’ve been really bad about planning out my weekly menus, so am usually flying by the seat of my pants each afternoon, scrambling to come up with something to feed the hungry mouths in our home. Anyone want to help with that? I know it’s just a matter of planning, but when Monday comes faster and faster, it makes it difficult!
- I’m going away for the weekend next week to Napa with some girlfriends. Amazingly, even though I live in northern California, I’ve never been there. I’ve also never been wine tasting. So, I’m going to de-virginize myself. And as much as I love my kids and Superman, I am barely able to contain my excitement at the thought of having almost 3 whole days off duty. I don’t know that that’s ever happened before. Ever. That’s probably contributing to my spring fever as well. So I’m gonna preempt next week’s Friday confession and confess that I won’t be doing a Friday confession. Because I’ll be enjoying adult conversation and pampering with my friends!