I love carne asada, but whenever I think of cooking it, I don’t have time for marinating! I came up with this recipe to save time, and it is SOOOO good!
No-Marinade Carne Asada Recipe:
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- ~2 lbs carne asada meat (mine was sliced thin at the butcher)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 TBSP olive or avocado oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lay meat in a single layer on a cutting board.
- Baste with lemon or lime juice and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Cook in skillet for a minute or 2 on each side, then remove to plate to sit while you cook the rest of the meat.
- Sprinkle some of the chopped cilantro on top of the cooked meat, then lay a piece of foil over the top to keep warm while you cook the rest.
- When all the meat is done, slice into thin strips or cut into small chunks and serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or as "tacos" in lettuce wraps!
Like what you read? Sign up here and get my Top 10 Recipes ebook for free!
This is fantastic! Thank you!