Ah, the potato. I planted red potatoes in my garden this spring, and I got to harvest them a few days ago. I love harvesting potatoes! It’s so fun to dig in the ground and come upon treasures every few minutes! This recipe is fast and a great side dish to pretty much any meal. I decided to sprinkle fresh grated parmesan on ours, but of course, you could leave that out if you’re avoiding dairy. Enjoy these Fast Fried Skillet Potatoes!
Pin it for later!
- 3-4 pounds red potatoes, cut into small cubes (I left the skins on)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- dried parsley flakes
- 2-3 TBSP olive or avocado oil
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- Heat oil in a skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt, then stir to coat.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir.
- Let cook for another 3-4 minutes, then stir again.
- Repeat until potatoes are browned and tender. The less you stir, the crispier they will get on the outside. =)
- When done, remove to serving tray and sprinkle with parsley flakes and parmesan cheese, if desired.