Strawberry season is coming! Pretty soon, the roadside stands will be popping up near our home and I’ll be stopping by every couple days to pick up another flat. Our kids go through strawberries like they’re going out of style!
This recipe would be wonderful for a special occasion, a romantic evening with your soulmate, or just for dessert on a regular night!
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, maple syrup, coconut milk and salt and cook over medium-high heat.
- Cook until it reaches 225-230 degrees on a candy thermometer. Note: Sometimes the temp may not be exact--you want the caramel to be at a thick "glue" texture, not runny.
- While that's cooking, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Pour into an 8x8 glass pan with parchment paper on the bottom, spreading evenly.
- Cut tops off strawberries and slice thin, then layer on top of the chocolate:
- Once the caramel is done, drizzle over the chocolate and strawberries.
- Place in fridge to chill for at least an hour, until hardened.
- Cut or break pieces off and enjoy!